I must say, I will never get over how much I like this combination together! It combines the lemon tang with the sweetness of the fries.
It was a family favourite (even the non-vegans/non-vegetarians liked it!) The combinations of the spices on the fries were absolutely delightful!
Sweet Potato Fries:
- 3 sweet potatoes (cut into whatever shape you please)
- 2 tsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. of coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. of black pepper
- a pinch of cumin
- 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. of Vegenaise (vegan mayo)
- 3-4 tbsp. of lemon juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- Line a silver* baking sheet with parchment paper. Pre-heat your oven to 450F.
- Mix olive oil and spices together in a small bowl.
- Lay slices of potatoes on baking sheet, fairly spread apart.
- Evenly pour the oil spice mixture on the fries, massage mixture on the fries with your hands.
- Put fries in the oven for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, flip the fries over (be carefull not to break them), put fries back into oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Take out and wait to cool before transferring them to a plate.
*I recommend using silver baking sheets because they prevent the fries from getting burnt.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
Serve the Garlic Ailoi and the Sweet Potato Fries together! Enjoy!
[…] Garlic Aioli (recipe from Sweet Potato Fries post) […]