I don’t know about you but for some reason pink lemonade is so much better than regular lemonade. I don’t know if it’s all the extra chemicals they have to add to it, in order to provide the un-natural pink colouring or not, but my fondest childhood memories are my siblings and I drinking the frozen canned Minutemaid Pink Lemonade from our local market. Although we are not allowed to have it anymore (probably the chemicals), I have been recreating it. Instead of the chemicals I add in strawberries and leave it to stand for hours (not only for colouring, but flavour as well)!
Since spring has finally arrived in Canada, what better way to celebrate the start of not de-frosting our fingers as we walk into our homes by a pink lemonade smoothie bowl!
For some reason people were skeptical on this (I DON’T KNOW WHY BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS PRETTY DARN AMAZING), but when I finally tasted it, it was like a *cue fireworks moment!
- 5 slices of peeled lemon (I know I peeled a lemon, it was extremely strange)
- 2 cups of frozen whole strawberries
- 4 table spoons of coconut yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tsp of maple syrup (if you like it sweeter)
- coconut yoghurt
- nut butter
- other fresh or frozen fruit
- Blend all ingredients together in food processor, or blender
P.S: It was also golden retriever approved!