Am I the only one who doesn’t get filled when they have avo on toast?
Well for all of you breakfast and avo lovers I found the perfect solution! Chickpeas!
Adding a 12 oz can of mashed chickpeas to mashed avocado not only adds a protein boost, but extra texture and flavour! This simple addition can spice up this basic but amazing meal!
You can pretty much have anything you can think of as a topping for avo on toast. My go to is always red chili pepper flakes, hemp seeds, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Hemp seeds
- Olive oil
- Red chili pepper flakes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 12 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- Cut two slices of fresh bread (or store-bought, pre cut) and pre-heat oven 350 degrees F.
- Place bread on to baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, flipping half-way through. (If they still aren’t golden or as toasted as you wish you can keep them in for longer.)
- When the bread is out of the oven, immediately rub a cut garlic clove on the slice.
- In a bowl, mash the chickpeas. When they have been mashed to a flaky texture add the avocado and mash in.
- Keep on adding lime, salt, and pepper to the bowl until you get your desired taste.
- Put mixture on top of toasted bread and add any desired toppings.
I hope that these extra additions add a special touch to your favourite breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack! Just for some more nutrients, I LOVE avo on toast with a fruit salad on the side for a recommendation!